Friday, June 6, 2014

Why am I alone?

The title of this post may seem a little odd... I mean, Ive got a great life! A wonderful husband and 2 amazing kids! But, I've never been one to have a lot of friends. Maybe I lack certain social skills? Idk, but I find that I have a hard time "clicking" with people when placed in a situation to make friends. Maybe I'm just not a good conversation starter? Sometimes I feel like a freshman in high school when I go to events where I have to meet new people. I get all clammy and stumble over what to talk about.
But when it comes to my work and my clients its totally the opposite. I could make friends and talk all day! I guess because its *my* thing? Its what Im confident about and enjoy doing. I mean, to run a business you sort of HAVE to be a people person, right???
So why don't I make friends easily in my personal life??! I've been asking God this question a lot lately. I mean, I have a couple of really good friends that I love and adore, don't get me wrong. But it just seems like other women get along and converse so much better with one another than I do.
I think maybe it's because God is calling me to be a leader of some sort. When Im in a leadership position I don't get clammy. I am outspoken. I love it! I make friends there!
So, what's next? Im praying for God to show me in what way He wants me to lead? In what area of my life does he want me to step out and lead? I feel like it has to do with other women... I just don't know what. It will be interesting to see where God leads me! Ever since I left Southeastern (bible college I attended) and that hugely day-to-day biblical world I've felt so disconnected from the faith community. I mean, we attend church, have been in small groups, etc. But something is missing. I don't feel like I LIVE in biblical community. I don't feel like Im making disciples. I guess my new calling to lead will be part of the biblical community ;) We shall see. Oh how God's plans for our lives are so much more than we ever imagine!!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I can relate to having a hard time making friends. I have a "male" personality type and it certainly effects my relationships, not to mention I'm very introverted. And yes, my "people person" side absolutely comes out when I'm working with clients. You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Carmen! Love to know Im not alone!!!! Maybe we should be friends? ;) Ha!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete